WHAT IS FENG SHUI
Feng Shui means Wind and Water and is the Chinese art focusing on life’s energy and a way of understanding how energy moves in our surroundings and how our buildings, their interiors, and our environment affect us. By applying Feng Shui to your surroundings you find that you have opportunities to improve every aspect of your life.Qi (chee) is life’s energy and is in every living and non living thing and it connects people with their surroundings and is in a constant state of change. When we use Feng Shui we work to enhance the Sheng (good) Qi and deflect or neturalise the Sha (negative) Qi.
There are many different schools of Feng Shui although Flying Star School also known as “Xuan Kong” or “Fei Xing” is the traditional method and the most complicated and comprehensive school. When using Flying Star Feng Shui it is imperative that the consultant is also competent in Form School Feng Shui as they must analyse the external and internal forms in order to correctly analyse the Flying Stars of a building. If you decide to choose a consultant please ensure they have studied Flying Star School and Form School Feng Shui.
Modern Feng Shui should also incorporate Building Biology. Building Biology looks at the health hazards that affect our every day life such as electromagnetic fields, mould etc and as no amount of good Feng Shui can fix these types of issues it is important that you choose a consultant who is aware of these issues and the impact they may have on people. You should also feel comfortable with your consultant and be able to confirm any qualifications they may have with the college or person they have completed their studies with.
You should also be aware that analysis of the ANNUAL or YEARLY flying stars is NOT adequate and can actually do more harm than good. This is a good point to bring up with a prospective consultant. Any one can look at the annual flying stars but without knowing the unseen energies or “Flying Stars” that are individual to your own home or business this could be disastrous.
- Remove all rubbish, clutter and bad smells from each room in the house and garden as this leads to blockages.
- Throw out unwanted goods, as this suggests you are holding on to the past.
- Fix flaking paint as this suggests tiredness.
- Fix damaged, spouting roof tiles or window seals if they or any part of the house looks rundown as this represents a gradual decline in health.
- Repair leaky taps as this suggests gradual loss of income.
- Healthy plants, fresh flowers, nice smells (aromatherapy) and good music attract good energy and lift your spirits.
- Keep the garden beautiful to entice opportunities to come into one’s life. Also keep it free from clutter as this signifies worry and prevents one from being focused.
- Maintain a good supply of fresh air by opening windows and allowing the air to circulate.
- Avoid sleeping near electrical equipment as the electrical fields they emit are potentially harmful to your health.